Tuesday 24 November 2015

Heaven is for real

I've recently seen (again) a movie that moved me quite a lot about a little boy who had a near death experience but miraculously recovers after a while in the hospital. He then tells his parents he he's been on a journey to Heaven and talked to God. The film follows the struggles the family faces after the little guy makes his story known and of course, the people's reactions to this spectacular news.
I must admit, the fact that this movie is said to be based on a true story made me even more curious than I would normally be. The story is catchy, well narrated, has a little bit of fun and drama and most of all, it treats a subject that you don't see every time you turn on the TV. 
But the thing that really got me thinking in the end is that while we are taught from early childhood to believe in God, Heaven, miracles, etc and we spend most of our lives into the belief that there is something out there after our life on earth ends, a beautiful place where we will meet our beloved and where we will spend eternity, when someone comes and says that God really exists, that they've been to Heaven, that they've talked to Him, that everything we thought so far really exists...everybody thinks that person is crazy and should stop saying such things. Seems like quite a paradox to me. :)
On this note I leave you to see the trailer:




No comments:

Post a Comment