Wednesday 20 January 2016

10 Posts that inspired me last year

Every year I make some time to go through all the stuff I've saved during the 12 months that passed, make some cleaning through them, delete the things that don't really represent my way of thinking anymore and re-read the inspiring ones. I've saved stuff coming from very different domains: from things that might inspire me in my work, to travel destinations or how to better understand the people around me.


1)STOP DREAMING AND START DOING

Excerpt: "Want to know what happens to people who spend their whole lives dreaming about fame and fortune, reading about others’ success and accomplishments, and following a who’s who of the influential elite in the hope that some of their magic will rub off them? Not a whole lot. Dreaming, reading, and following will get you nowhere. The only way to achieve any of that stuff is by doing." True, true and true again.

2)HOW TO TALK TO KIDS ABOUT DEATH

I read this multiple times and there are so many things that are worth mentioning here that I couldn't find only a brief sneak peak to share. If you have small kiddos, this is a sad but useful read.

3)100 TRIPS EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE IN THEIR LIFETIME

This wow list of location makes me start budget planning and start searching for cheap plane ticket flights. Sigh...

4)THE ULTIMATE HANGOVER CURING FOODS

For those moments we all have from time to time :)

5)ACCORDING TO THESE ASTROLOGICAL PREDICTIONS, 2016 IS GOING TO BE A VERY GOOD YEAR!

I don't normally belive in horoscopes but it lifts my spirits when people tell me good things will happen in the future for me, that I'm gonna suceed at what I'm working on, that I'm gonna be even more loved and cherised. It brings positive motivation - and this is something everyone needs once in a while. Whenever I read a horoscope telling me bad stuff, I go search for another one with a nicer vibe :). You should try it too!

6)18 OF THE MOST AWESOME INVENTIONS WHICH APPEARED THIS YEAR

All of them are pretty awesome but I totally loved the chip which stops you from slouching. Added to my wishlist!

7)20 AWESOME DESIGN INNOVATIONS THAT CAPTIVATED US IN 2015

When I read this kind of articles I feel like I'm already living in the future. And it's a very nice feeling to have. I love how new discoveries help us improve the quality of life in such ways that I sometimes couldn't even imagine. I can't wait to hear that we'll be able to save our memories when we get old and insert them in a healthier body after we die. Kinda SF? :) Maybe, but it's worth a thought.

8)3 CREATIVE WAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR BUSINESS WITH A BLOG IN 2016

One of the reasons I started blogging was to get better at communicating a message to people I don't know which is useful and catchy. An except from this article illustrates this perfectly: "If I want to learn more about a given subject in a week than I could in a year, all I have to do is write a blog post. And then look at the comments. I'm not doing it just for the story or to get attention. I'm doing it for the takeaway." Blogging is a catalyst for learning. Blogging provides you the opportunity to research a topic, think critically to condense your research and thoughts into an actionable takeaway, and then make that takeaway available internally for colleagues or externally for customers."

9)WHY I'M TEACHING MY DAUGHTER TO PROGRAM

This is one of the things I am thinking of a lot lately. I think that in let's say 15 years being technology fluent will be as important as being able to speak English (if you live like I do in a country where English is not the native language). Since we depend more and more on technology in our everyday life, it makes total sense to try to have some understanding of it. This article is worth taking a look.

10) 5 THINGS TO SAY INSTEAD OF SORRY

I find this article very useful especially for women: We (me included) tend to always apologize about everything: even when we have nothing to apologize for. It's good thing to own your mistakes when the situation happens, however it is not so ok to use the S word as a way too often in your communication with others. Because when you apologize all the time you leave the impression that you act like you make mistakes all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment